Each event on a Teamup calendar can be shared via the Share menu and made accessible to users who otherwise may or may not have access to the calendar or any calendar link.
How to share events
The Share menu is accessible via:
- the right-click context menu of the event on any calendar view
- the event editor if you have the modifying permission to the calendar
- the event viewer if you click an event on a read-only calendar
- buttons on the event page
Default sharing options
By default, the sharing options allows you to:
- share event as a web page with a unique page URL.
- share add-to-calendar links for the event.
- post events to social media timeline.
- email with pre-populated event details using your installed email client.
- save or export the event details to another calendar.
Share an event to another Teamup calendar
When sharing an event to another Teamup calendar, you need to be logged in to your Teamup account. When you choose the Share > Teamup option, a pop-up will let you select any calendar from your calendar dashboard.
Any calendars you access via shareable calendar links can be added to your dashboard so that you have easy access and can share events between all the Teamup calendars you use, as needed.
Configure share options
If you’re the calendar administrator of a Teamup Calendar, you may need to restrict the options to only those that are appropriate to your organization. This is possible now and you can enable or disable any of the options as needed.
Under Settings > General Settings, the Event Sharing section lets you configure event sharing:
Selecting the option NO, this will completely disable event sharing and remove the Share menu from all access points.
Clicking Configure… will show a list of all available sharing services:
Deactivating one of these services will remove that option from the Share menu as shown below on the right:
- Disabling event sharing as pages does not prevent access to event pages that have already been created, it only prevents the creation of new pages.
- The customized Share menu is only available on the Web version via a web browser, including web browsers on mobile devices. The sharing options on mobile apps may depend on the apps available on the device and the device settings.
- Access to individual events shared via the Share menu as described in this article does not require access to calendars, which refers to access to all events on all or selected sub-calendars.