With Teamup, you can share your entire calendar (choosing which sub-calendars and access permissions to include) or you can share individual events. This article discusses how you can share individual events from your calendar on a browser. To learn how to use sharing options on Teamup mobile apps, see this article.
How to share events
The Share menu is accessible via:
- the right-click context menu of the event on any calendar view
- the event details (click an event to view the event details)
- buttons on the event page
By default, the sharing options allows these options:
- save or export the event details to another calendar service
- share event as a web page with a unique page URL
- post the event to social media
- send via email with pre-populated event details.
If you are the calendar administrator, you can restrict the sharing options as needed so they are most useful and appropriate to your organization.
How to configure sharing options
Open your calendar with administrator access in a web browser. Go to Settings > General Settings. Scroll to the Event Sharing section and you can configure event sharing options:
To completely disable event sharing, check the No option by Event Sharing. This will this disable event sharing and remove the Share menu from all access points.
Click the blue Configure button to show a list of all available sharing options:
Deactivating any option will remove it from the Share menu on the event, and from the sharing buttons on the event page, as shown below:
Good to know
- Disabling event sharing as pages does not prevent access to event pages that have already been created; it only prevents the creation of new pages.
- The customized Share menu is only available when accessing the calendar via a web browser or mobile browser. The sharing options on mobile apps may depend on the apps available on the individual mobile device and on the device settings.
- Access to individual events shared as described in this article does not require access to calendars.