The Teamup App for Android makes it easy to use Teamup Calendar on Android devices. See also this tutorial to get started.
Download the Android app
Open the Google Play store and download the Android app to your device if you have not yet done so.
You can also find the Teamup Calendar app by searching for Teamup Solutions AG on the Google Play store.
The Teamup mobile app for Android has a widget, which you can configure to your liking. First, download the app and connect it to your calendar. Then you can add and configure the widget to your phone’s home screen.
Connect the Android app to your calendar
When you first open the Teamup app, you’ll see a welcome screen with three options: Login, Sign Up, or Continue without account. The Teamup mobile app is a companion product of the web-based Teamup Calendar. You can log in to your Teamup user account to access a synced calendar dashboard across all your devices and platforms. Read on for more details on these three options.
Option 1: Log in to an existing user account
If you have already have a user account, choose Login.
Note that your user account and your calendar are separate things: you may have used one email to create your calendar, and a different email to create your user account. The user account login requires both an email and a password; creating a calendar requires only your email address. Read more details here.
- Once you log in, your synced calendar dashboard will appear with your calendar(s) already on it. Tap the calendar you wish to view. If you add or remove a calendar from your dashboard on the Android app, the changes will apply to your calendar dashboard on the browser, and vice versa. You can access your calendar links easily, without copying them from one device to another.
- Note: when you are prompted to select calendars that were previously on your device, (they may have been added to the Teamup app on your device by you or by other users, without login), be sure to only add calendars that are yours to your global dashboard. The calendar that is not added to your global dashboard will be accessible again on your device, if you log out and choose to Continue without account.
Option 2: Sign up for a new user account
If you don’t yet have a user account, choose Sign up to register a new user account.
- User accounts are free, and they are required for certain features to work: the synced dashboard and event reminders both require a user account. On the signup screen, you’ll need to enter your name, email address, and set a password. Then check your email to verify your new account. Now you can login to your user account on your mobile device and on the browser; changes you make on one device will be implemented globally.
Option 3: Continue without a user account
If you wish to continue without a user account (which means no synced, global dashboard), select the Continue without account link below the green buttons.
- You’ll be able to type or paste in a calendar link, and use the Teamup Android app as usual without logging in. You’ll still have a calendar dashboard, but it will not synchronize across devices or platforms.
- If you choose this option, a calendar link is all you need to access your calendar on the Android app.
- You can enter your full calendar link or just the last part of it, which starts with ks followed by a 16-digit random string.
- Here is an example:
- Full calendar URL: https://teamup.com/ks09175eafc7c69bf8
- Last part only: ks09175eafc7c69bf8
- Here is an example:
Help: I can’t find my calendar links
A calendar administrator manages all calendar links in the web version of Teamup Calendar. If you are not a calendar administrator, you may have received a link from the calendar administrator or another authorized user. If you cannot find your calendar link, contact your calendar administrator. If you are the calendar administrator and cannot locate your calendar link, see this article for options to recover your calendar link.
Help: where are my calendars?
You’ve logged in or registered, and now you’re looking at the calendar dashboard and thinking: “But where are my calendars?”
- If you logged into an existing user account, but you haven’t been using your calendar dashboard, your calendars will not show up until you add them.
- If you’ve just created a new user account, your dashboard will only have a Welcome Calendar. None of your previously used calendars will be on your dashboard yet.
The Welcome Calendar is a helpful calendar added automatically by the Teamup system for new users. It has a few calendar events with the basic info you need to get started. There is also a feed of regularly changing tips and feature updates. You can keep it as-is, modify it, or remove it from your dashboard if desired.
It’s easy to add all your calendars to your synced dashboard. Then you’ll be able to access them anytime from the mobile app or from your web browser.
Add calendars to the dashboard
You can add calendars to your dashboard from the app or from a browser.
- On the Android app: To add a calendar to your dashboard, swipe to open the left sidebar. Then tap the calendar icon to open your calendar dashboard. Tap the + button in the top right. Choose Connect an existing calendar. Then type or paste in the calendar link. Your calendar will show up on your dashboard. Tap to open the calendar.
- On a web browser: To add a calendar to your dashboard from a web browser, follow these instructions. Your dashboard will sync automatically, so any calendar you add from your browser will show up on mobile, as well.
Show or hide sub-calendars
- Swipe to open the sidebar on the left. At the top of the sidebar, you can switch calendar views. Choose from List, Day, Week, and Month views.
- The sub-calendar list is below the calendar view options. Tap the Eye icon to the right of any sub-calendar to show that calendar only. Tap the Eye icon to the right of the sub-calendar list header to show all calendars again.
- Tap any calendar name or its color square to show or hide that sub-calendar without changing the status of other calendars.
View calendar events
- From any calendar view, tap an event to view its details.
- Images attached to an event can be displayed right in the event view as shown below.
- Any files attached to the event will appear as clickable links so that you can open them directly from your mobile device.
- Addresses in the Where field are clickable and linked to Google Maps.
Add or edit events
- From your main calendar view, simply tap the + icon in the bottom right corner to add events. Or tap anywhere in the time grid to open the event editor to add a new event.
- To edit an event that has already been created, tap the event to view event details. If you have the appropriate access permission for an event, a green edit icon will be present when you view the event details. Tap on it to edit the event.
- You can modify the basic fields, including the text in the Description box. Text in the description field can be formatted with Markdown syntax.
- Create or edit recurring events.
- Enable or disable signup or comments for individual events.
- Edit custom fields, although they can only be set up by the calendar administrator in the Web version.
- Upload pictures from your photo library or the camera if your calendar is on a Premium subscription plan.
Filter calendar events
You can filter your calendar events by keyword to find just what you’ve looking for, quickly.
You can use the filter with any of the included calendar views, but it’s easiest to view search results in List view. Tap the magnifying glass icon in the top right of the app to enter a keyword. The calendar events will be filtered and show only events which contain your keyword(s).
You can filter with multiple keywords. To remove the filter and see all events, tap the X at the top right
Use the sidebar
The left sidebar of the app is where you will find the following important clickable elements:
- The calendar link name.
- The Dashboard icon to go to the list of calendar links.
- The refresh button to manually refresh your calendar.
- Calendar views: Currently supported views include List, Day, Week, and Month views.
- The color-coded sub-calendars of the current calendar. Tap a calendar to show or hide the sub-calendar, or tap an Eye icon to show that sub-calendar only.
- Settings: configure time zone, display or collapse empty days, and remove calendar links.
- Connectivity tracker: see whether you are currently online or not, and when your calendar was last refreshed. If you are logged in to a user account, your user account email will be visible. You can tap to access the log out option.
See connection and update status
- You can view your connectivity at the bottom of the sidebar in the connectivity tracker.
- You can access your Teamup Calendar with the Android app while offline. You will see the calendar data that was synced the last time you were online.
- This can be helpful if you need to access your calendar but are not connected to the Internet temporarily.
- Any changes made to the calendar during the time the calendar is not connected will be saved locally and synced to the server once the connection is back.
- You can view your connectivity at the bottom of the sidebar in the connectivity tracker. A green button indicates that you are online. Your user account email and avatar will show if you are logged into your user account. The Teamup mobile app and calendars refresh automatically, but you can tap the refresh icon to sync your calendars and calendar dashboard. The time and date of your last automatic update will show below the connectivity tracker.
The widget is a miniature version of your Teamup Calendar that lives on your phone’s home screen. Instead of tapping to open the Teamup app, you simply swipe to see the widget. From the widget, you can tap to open any event in the Teamup mobile app.
There are two ways to add a widget to your phone:
- Option 1: Long press the Teamup app icon on your home screen. A menu will appear. Tap the Widgets option.
- Option 2: Long press anywhere on the screen to show the options for Wallpapers, Widgets, and Home Settings. Select Widgets and scroll through the available widgets until you find the Teamup widget. Touch and hold to select the widget, then drag it to where you want to place it on your screen.
- Once you place the widget on your phone’s screen, you’ll be prompted to select the calendar and the sub-calendars you want to display on the widget.
- To adjust the size of the widget, long press it until a white border with handles appears around the widget. Then drag the handles to adjust the size.
- To change which calendar appears in the widget, just tap the Edit icon in the top bar of the widget.
Keywords: mobile Teamup calendar, mobile access Teamup calendar, Teamup on Android