With Teamup Calendar, it’s easy to create recurring or repeating events. This article explains how to create and update repeating events on a browser or on the Teamup mobile app for iOS or Android.
What are repeating events?
A repeating event is any event that occurs on a regular basis. Rather than adding the event to the calendar over and over, you can set the event to repeat automatically.
You can customize the recurrence pattern for just what you need. For events that repeat, you can specify the type of repetition and how many times each repeating event occurs.
Here are several examples of supported repeating event patterns:
- Weekly on Thursdays at 8:00AM, until December 31, 2018
- Every weekday at 8:00am, forever
- On the first Monday of every month at 10:00am, for 5 times
- Yearly on July 4, forever
How to create repeating events on a browser
To create a repeating event, complete the following steps.
- Check the Repeats box while editing an event to access the repeating options for the event.
- Choose between the Daily, Weekdays, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly options.
To create an event that repeats on the third Tuesday of each month, for example:
- Create the first event on the third Tuesday of the first month that it should occur.
- In the Repeats options, set the repeating pattern to be monthly.
- Choose the 3rd Tuesday from the drop-down option and Save.
Here is an example of how to set an event to occur every 2 weeks, on every second Tuesday:
Note that you can also set the repetition to occur quarterly by choosing the Monthly option and setting Repeat every to 3. Click on Done, then Save the event.
How to create a repeating event on mobile
To create a repeating event on one of the Teamup mobile apps (for iOS or Android):
- Go to the start date/time and tap the + sign as usual to add a new event. Or, if the event already exists, tape to open it.
- The event editor opens up.
- Now tap the repeating field where the default shows Do not repeat.
- This will open a menu of repeating options.
- Review the options and adjust as needed.
- Click the check mark in the top right to save.
How to update a repeating event
Any individual instance of a recurring event series can be edited as usual. When you save the event, a dialog window will open, prompting you to choose how to apply the changes.
Supported recurrence patterns include:
- Single: Apply change only to the currently edited event
- Future: Apply change to the currently edited event and all future events of this recurring event series.
- All Events: Apply change to all events in this recurring event series
If you apply the changes to the single event, the event will no longer be part of the recurring series. The rest of the event instances in the recurring series will be unchanged. This is useful when you have an ongoing program but the details vary for each recurring instance.
Similarly, you can change the recurrence pattern for an existing event series by editing any individual event and apply the changes to every event in the series or to the selected instance and all future events in the series.
Keywords: edit all events in a series, create repeating series, single instance of repeating events