With Teamup Calendar, a unique administrator link is created with each new calendar; the administrator link enables full access to the calendar and calendar settings. The administrator can create additional administrator links if needed, and deactivate or delete the old administrator link(s). However, there must always be one active administrator link. This article explains what to do if you have lost your administrator link.
About the administrator link
The calendar administrator receives the administrator link on screen and by email when the calendar is created. The administrator can then access full calendar settings to grant calendar access via users, groups, or links.
The Settings of a Teamup Calendar can only be accessed via administrator link. This prevents other calendar users from inadvertently making changes to the calendar settings, and protects the security of calendar data. Click here to learn more.
If you are a calendar administrator and have lost the administrator link to your calendar, we offer help in several ways, as described below. If you are not a calendar administrator, but have lost access to the calendar, please contact your calendar administrator for help.
Check your calendar dashboard
The easiest place to start: your calendar dashboard.
If you used the same email address to create your calendar that you used for your Teamup user account, then the calendar’s admin link would have been automatically added to your calendar dashboard.
This can be the easiest way to regain access to a lost administrator link. Check your dashboard and see if the link is already there.
Calendar link recovery tool
Use our Calendar Link Recovery Tool to request a list of calendars for which you are the administrator. Simply enter the email address used to create the calendar. You will receive an email with a list of and links to all calendars associated with the email address.
If the calendar link recovery tool does not find a calendar, or does not return the calendar you are trying to access, consider these typical reasons:
- The email address you used with the recovery tool is not the email address you used when you created your calendar. In this case, please try the recovery tool again with a different email address.
Check your email
When you created your calendar, we sent you an email with access details for your calendar. Search your email inbox for an email with the subject line of “[Teamup Support] Your new calendar.” Open the email to retrieve your administrator link.
Contact our support team
If you have tried the options suggested above and are still unable to recover your administrator link, we can help. Please contact email@example.com with the following information:
- The email address of the calendar administrator (if known).
- The title of the calendar (if known).
- Any calendar links that you may have.
Good to know
- To protect the data of our calendar users, administrator links can ONLY be sent to the registered email address. If your request for administrator access is a result of a personnel change, we require a statement from your organization, manager, and/or previous administrator to confirm that you are taking over the calendar administration role.
- To verify if the calendar link that you are using is a calendar administrator link, click on the blue menu icon in the top right corner. If you see Settings as a menu item, you are using an administrator link. If you do not see Settings, it means that the link you are using is not a calendar administrator link.
Keywords: recover calendar link, lost calendar access, recover administrator access