The Teamup App for iOS makes it easy to use Teamup Calendar on iOS devices. See also this tutorial to get started.
Download the iOS app
Go to the App Store and download the iOS app to your device if you have not yet done so.
You can also find the Teamup Calendar app by searching for Teamup Solutions AG on the App Store.
Connect the iOS app to your calendars
When you first open the Teamup app, you’ll see a welcome screen with three options: Login, Sign Up, or Continue without account. The Teamup mobile app is a companion product of the web-based Teamup Calendar. You can log in to your Teamup user account to access a synced calendar dashboard across all your devices and platforms. Read on for more details on these three options.
Option 1: Login to an existing user account
If you have already have a user account, choose Login.
Note that your user account and your calendar are separate things: you may have used one email to create your calendar, and a different email to create your user account. The user account login requires both an email and a password; creating a calendar requires only your email address. Read more details here.
- Once you login, your synced calendar dashboard will appear with your calendar(s) already on it. Tap the calendar you wish to view. If you add or remove a calendar from your dashboard on the iOS app, the changes will apply to your calendar dashboard on the browser, and vice versa. You can access your calendar links easily, without copying them from one device to another.
- Note: when you are prompted to select calendars that were previously on your device, (they may have been added to the Teamup app on your device by you or by other users, without login), be sure to only add calendars that are yours to your global dashboard. The calendar that is not added to your global dashboard will be accessible again on your device, if you logout and choose to Continue without account.
If you don’t yet have a user account, choose Signup to register a new user account.
- User accounts are free, and they are required for certain features to work: the synced dashboard and event reminders both require a user account. On the signup screen, you’ll need to enter your name, email address, and set a password. Then check your email to verify your new account. Now you can login to your user account on your mobile device and on the browser; changes you make on one device will be implemented globally.
Option 3: Continue without a user account
If you wish to continue without a user account (which means no synced, global dashboard), select the Continue without account link below the green buttons.
- You’ll be able to type or paste in a calendar link, and use the Teamup app as usual without logging in. You’ll still have a calendar dashboard, but it will not synchronize across devices or platforms.
- If you choose this option, a calendar link is all you need to access your calendar on the iOS app.
- You can enter your full calendar link or just the last part of it, which starts with ks followed by a 16-digit random string.
- Here is an example:
- A full calendar URL: https://teamup.com/ks09175eafc7c69bf8
- The unique part: ks09175eafc7c69bf8
- Here is an example:
Help: I can’t find my calendar links
A calendar administrator manages all calendar links in the web version of Teamup Calendar. If you are not a calendar administrator, you may have received a link from the calendar administrator or another authorized user. If you cannot find your calendar link, contact your calendar administrator. If you are the calendar administrator and cannot locate your calendar link, see this article for options to recover your calendar link.
Help: where are my calendars?
You’ve logged in or registered, and now you’re looking at the calendar dashboard and thinking: “But where are my calendars?”
- If you logged into an existing user account, but you haven’t been using your calendar dashboard, your calendars will not show up until you add them.
- If you’ve just created a new user account, your dashboard will only have a Welcome Calendar. None of your previously used calendars will be on your dashboard yet.
The Welcome Calendar is a helpful calendar added automatically by the Teamup system for new users. It has a few calendar events with the basic info you need to get started. There is also a feed of regularly changing tips and feature updates. You can keep it as-is, modify it, or remove it from your dashboard if desired.
It’s easy to add all your calendars to your synced dashboard. Then you’ll be able to access them anytime from the mobile app or from your web browser.
Add calendars to the dashboard
You can add calendars to your dashboard from the app or from a browser.
- On the iOS app: To add a calendar to your dashboard, swipe to open the left sidebar. Then tap the calendar icon to open your calendar dashboard. Tap the + button in the top right. Choose Connect an existing calendar. Then type or paste in the calendar link. Your calendar will show up on your dashboard. Tap to open the calendar.
- On a web browser: To add a calendar to your dashboard from a web browser, follow these instructions. Your dashboard will sync automatically, so any calendar you add from your browser will show up on mobile, as well.
Swipe to open the sidebar on the left. At the top of the sidebar, you can switch calendar views. Choose from List, Day, Week, and Month views.
Show or hide sub-calendars
If your calendar has many events, you can use the sidebar to select the sub-calendars and show only the events on the selected sub-calendars. This helps declutter the view and makes it easy to focus on what’s important or relevant.
- Open the sidebar on the left.
- Click on the eye icon to select one sub-calendar, all sub-calendars in a folder, or all sub-calendars. Click on the color bar of a sub-calendar to add or remove it from the selection.
- Return to the calendar view to see events of the selected sub-calendars.
View calendar events
- From any calendar view, click an event to view its details.
- Images attached to an event can be displayed right in the event view as shown below.
- Any files attached to the event will appear as clickable links so that you can open them directly from your mobile device.
- Addresses in the Where field are clickable and linked to Google Maps.
Add and edit events
To create a new event
- From your main calendar view, simply tap the + icon in the top right corner to add events. Or tap anywhere in the time grid to open the event editor to add a new event.
- Enter the event title, set the time and repeating options, add a description and other information as needed. Use Markdown to format text in the description field.
- You can enable signup and event comments, if desired.
- Upload pictures from your Photos library or the device camera if your calendar is on a Premium subscription plan.
- When you are ready, tap Save.
To edit an event
- To edit an event that has already been created, tap the event to view event details. If you have the appropriate access permission for an event, tap Edit in the top right to edit the event.
- You can modify the basic fields, including the text in the Description box.
- Edit the timing for recurring events.
- Enable or disable signup or comments for individual events.
- Edit custom fields, although they can only be set up by the calendar administrator in the Web version.
- To delete an event, scroll to the bottom of the event details and tap the red Delete event text.
Filter calendar events
You can filter events on the Teamup mobile app for iOS, by keywords or by custom field options in any of the available views. Please note the results displayed are only within the date range on display. You can swipe or change date range to see more results.
To do so, tap the small magnifying glass icon in the top right. Then you can enter a keyword, or multiple keywords. Tap the check mark to filter calendar events. You will see the list with all the events which contain your keyword(s). Tap the X in the top right to clear the filter.
You can also filter by custom event fields which have options. You will see these custom event fields below the Keywords filter. Tap the event field, then choose the option(s) you wish to use as a filter.
Use the sidebar
The left sidebar of the app is where you will find the following important clickable elements:
- The calendar link name.
- The refresh button to manually refresh your calendar.
- The Dashboard icon to go to your synced calendar dashboard.
- Calendar views: Currently supported views include List, Day, Week, and Month views.
- The color-coded sub-calendars of the current calendar. Tap a calendar to show or hide the sub-calendar, or tap an eye icon to show that sub-calendar only.
- Settings: configure time zone, display or collapse empty days, widget settings, and remove calendar links.
- Connectivity tracker: (indicated with the red arrow in the image) see whether you are currently online or not, and when your calendar was last refreshed. If you are logged into a user account, you will see your user account email. You can tap to log out.
See connection and update status
- You can access your Teamup Calendar with the iOS app while offline. You will see the calendar data that was synced the last time you were online.
- This can be helpful if you need to access your calendar but are not connected to the Internet temporarily.
- Any changes made to the calendar during the time the calendar is not connected will be saved locally and synced to the server once the connection is back.
- You can view your connectivity at the bottom of the sidebar in the connectivity tracker. A green button indicates that you are online. Your user account email and avatar will show if you are logged into your user account. The Teamup mobile app and calendars refresh automatically, but you can tap the refresh icon to sync your calendars and calendar dashboard. The time and date of your last automatic update will show below the connectivity tracker.