Teamup Calendar is a customizable and efficient shared calendar for groups.
A Teamup calendar
A Teamup calendar is a calendar which can be used on a web browser, mobile browser, or with Teamup mobile apps.
When you create a new Teamup calendar, you start with a master calendar. You can add multiple sub-calendars. You can share your calendar with account-based users or via shareable calendar links.
A Teamup user account
Teamup user accounts are free and provide access to several important calendar features.
With a user account, you can do the following:
- Have account-based calendar access via your user account. Calendar administrators can grant calendar access to Teamup users, organize users in groups, and manage calendar access and permission levels.
- Keep all your calendar links in a dashboard, so you don’t need to bookmark them one by one.
- Set up and manage event reminders, so you don’t miss any important upcoming events.
- Learn more about the benefits of having a user account.
Calendar invitations for account users
Once you have created your Teamup user account, log in to see your calendar dashboard.
- On your calendar dashboard, you will see any calendars you have been invited to access.
- You can add other Teamup calendars to your dashboard, as well.
- You can download the Teamup mobile app for iOS or Android, log in to your user account, and access your calendar(s) from the synced calendar dashboard. See full instructions and download links here →
- If you create a new calendar using the same email address as your user account, your new calendar (the administrator link) will automatically appear on the dashboard of your user account.
- When you access a calendar while you are logged into your user account, your user avatar will appear in the top right corner of the calendar.
- When logged in, you will also see a green plus button on any calendar that you have not yet added to your calendar dashboard.
Calendar access via shareable calendar links
When you create a Teamup Calendar, you receive a calendar administrator link. You can open your calendar with your administrator link, go to Settings > Sharing, and create shareable calendar links. You can use these unique calendar links to grant calendar access to others.
Links are a way to give access to your calendar to an individual who is not a user or to groups outside your organization. You can also use links to provide secure public access to your calendar. You can use a shareable calendar link in a web browser, mobile browser, or in the Teamup mobile apps. See more about creating and using shareable calendar links →
A calendar link with a password
You can choose to enable password protection for any calendar link.
If you are using a calendar link that has password protection, you click on or copy-paste your calendar link as usual. Then there is one more step: entering the password.
When you click on (or copy and paste) your calendar link in a browser, a calendar access page will prompt you to enter your password:
Enter your password, click Login, and your calendar will open as usual.
Note that you do not need to enter an email address or user name; you simply enter the password for the calendar link.
See full instructions here for enabling password protection, including how to change or reset the password for a calendar link. Only the calendar administrator can set or reset passwords for links.
Help! I’m lost!
You may get lost if you’re trying to access a calendar, but you end up on the login page for user accounts. For example, you might do the following:
1. Click your calendar link so your calendar opens as usual.
2. See the default gray avatar in the top right and click on it.
3. Get sent to the user account login page! Now you might think you need to login to get back to your calendar. But you can only login if you have created a user account and only need to do so if you want to access your user account.
To get back to your calendar, simply click the back button on your browser. You will be returned to your calendar. There’s no need to login.
If you don’t have a user account and you want to create one, you can do so here.
For more details, see How to Use a Teamup User Account
A few tips
Remember: if you don’t remember having a password for your Teamup Calendar, you may be trying to access your calendar through the login page, instead of using your calendar link.
This can be confusing. Here’s some help:
- If you’ve never needed a password for your calendar link before, you shouldn’t need one now. Use your calendar link to open your Teamup Calendar as usual.
- If you’ve lost your calendar link, contact your calendar administrator for a new one. If you are the calendar administrator and you’ve lost your calendar link, see how to retrieve it.
- If you do have a password for your calendar link, but you’ve forgotten it, ask your calendar administrator to reset your password. If you are the calendar administrator, open your calendar link as usual in a browser. On the calendar access page, follow the Reset password link to reset your password. See more information here.
- If you have a user account, you can login to it by clicking Login in the top right on Teamup home page, or by going to the login page directly: teamup.com/login. You will need to enter your email address and password.
- If you’ve forgotten the password for your user account, click the link on the login page to reset it.
- If you don’t have a user account, you can create one here. Once you’re logged in to your user account, you can save all your calendar links to your calendar dashboard. See more information here.
- To open a password-protected calendar link, you still need to enter the calendar password to access that calendar even if you are logged into your Teamup user account.