Teamup Calendar supports event reminders. Event reminders alert calendar users of upcoming events. Reminders are sent at a specified time before an event starts. Currently, reminders are delivered by email only.
This is a new feature. Your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org is welcome.
There are two ways to enable reminders for a calendar:
Please note that the event reminders are only available for users who are logged into their Teamup account.
How to Add Reminders for a Single Event
You can set up reminders for single events in the event editor or viewer.
Here are the steps:
- Make sure you are logged onto your Teamup account.
- Open your calendar and click on an event to open the Event Editor (or the Event Viewer if you have read-only access).
- In the Event Editor or Viewer, click Reminders to open the reminder dialog as shown below.
- Add one or more reminders and specify when you want the reminder to be sent.
- Click Done, then Save your changes.
Add Reminders to All Events on Selected Sub-Calendars
If you want to be alerted for all events on certain sub-calendars, adding reminders event by event can be tedious. In this case, you can set up a reminder to all events on those sub-calendars. This can be done in the Preferences Dialog.
Here are the steps:
- Make sure you are logged into your Teamup account.
- Open your calendar and click on the blue menu in the top right corner of your calendar.
- Select Preferences, then Default Reminders.
- In the Reminders screen, click on the Edit icon (it looks like a pencil) for the desired sub-calendar.
- Add one or multiple reminders and specify how much in advance you want to be alerted. These reminders will be enabled for all current and future events on that sub-calendar. Please note that reminders for time-specific events and all-day events need to be specified separately. As you can see in the screenshot below, the Event Reminders section sets reminders for time-specific events, and the section below it, All-Day Event Reminders, sets reminders for all-day events.
- Click Save to complete the process.
Important to know
- Reminders are currently only supported on the web calendar. Support for reminders on mobile apps will be added in the future.
- Currently, reminders are delivered by email only. More delivery options will be added in the future.
- To work around the current lack of support for mobile push notifications consider this approach: Subscribe to your Teamup Calendar from another calendar application, for example, Apple iCal, Google Calendar or Outlook. Then, enable reminders for the subscribed calendar in that third-party application.
- An alternative to reminders is the Daily Agenda feature, which is an email sent every morning that lists all the events for the current day. Read more.
- Teamup supports Change Notifications that alert you when changes occur in your calendar. Read more