Teamup Notifications allow users to be notified when changes are made to events on the calendar. The instructions below are for all users at all levels of access rights. If you have the administrator access to the calendar, you can get an overview of all subscriptions to notifications and manage them accordingly.
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
- Click the menu sign in the top right corner and select Notifications:
- Enter your email address and specify when and what you would like to be notified about:
The default setting is to receive notifications for all sub-calendars as shown above.
Select ‘Selected sub-calendars’ from the drop down list to set up receiving notifications for selected sub-calendars only.
Choose what you would like to be notified about for each of the sub calendars:
Please note that ‘Important changes’ includes new events, deleted events and date and time changes.
- Save. Now look out for email notifications in your inbox from Teamup Calendar
THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL
- The first line indicates the email address that was used to subscribe to the notifications.
- Events are then grouped by the type of changes. They link to the actual event that has been changed or newly added.
- The calendar to which the event belongs to is also listed and is clickable.
- For security reasons, it is advised to not forward any of your notification emails to others who may not be authorized to access the calendar.
- All your notification subscriptions for this email address are accessible by clicking the “Manage your subscriptions” link at the bottom of the email.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
- Email notification subscriptions are unique per calendar link and per email address. If you subscribe more than once using the same calendar link with the same email, you overwrite any previous subscriptions and only the last one is kept. To see what your email address is subscribed for, follow the ‘Manage your notifications‘ link at the bottom of the email. If you are new or not sure if you have subscribed, simply add your email address (again).
- It is important to sign up for notifications from the correct calendar link to ensure that the email that is sent has the correct link back to the calendar. So for example, if someone with Add-only permission should receive email notifications, then the calendar should first be viewed using their add-only calendar link, then Notifications opened and the person’s email address entered.
- Please note that if notification emails are added from the administrator link then all recipients will receive the administrator link to the calendar in their emails – this is a security and privacy risk.
Ideally everyone should subscribe themselves, using the link that he or she was given to access the calendar
- Entering multiple email addresses for the same calendar link can lead to receiving many emails. So if you have more than one email address, be sure to add the most appropriate one, otherwise you will receive duplicate notifications to all of your email addresses.
- Changes to past events are only available to users of Premium calendars.
- Emails are sent max every 5 minutes and are delayed at least 5 minutes after the first change happens. This is to reduce email volume
- Daily summaries are sent out between 7am and 8am CEST (Central European Summer Time) and CET (Central European Time). This translates to 5am to 7am GMT, 1am to 2am US Eastern Time, 10pm to 11pm Pacific Time and 4pm to 5pm Sydney time.
- Email notifications can be disabled or enabled by the calendar administrator in Settings:
HOW TO UNSUBCRIBE
- Disabling Notifications by the administrator in the calendar Settings does not unsubscribe any existing Notification subscribers, but only stops sending notification emails. If Notifications is enabled again by the administrator, subscribers will once again receive notifications emails
- You can always subscribe an email address again for Notifications should you wish to change your Notification settings. When adding the same email address, any previous subscriptions are overwritten
Keywords: Email notifications, notify when changes are made to events