It is very easy to change/add/delete calendar links or edit link permissions without creating a new calendar. It is recommended to create a unique calendar link for each user or user group. If an employee leaves your organization and you need to revoke his access to your calendar, simply delete the calendar link that was previously shared with that person.
You can customize the access control for each link with Teamup’s flexible yet powerful 9 levels of access permissions.
ADD NEW LINKS
- Access Settings by clicking the menu image in the top right of the main calendar page
- In Settings, select the Sharing section on the left.
- Click on the blue button at the top, ‘+ New Link’ to create a new calendar link.
- Give the new calendar link a name, set the sharing option in the ‘Calendars Shared’ drop down box, select the permission and click on Save.
- The new URL will be automatically generated when this screen is completed and will be listed amongst the other calendar links
DELETE EXISTING LINKS
- In Settings, click Sharing as you do to add new links.
- Click on Edit next to the link you want to delete. Then choose delete from the button group on the Edit Link screen and confirm to delete the link permanently:
- Return to the list of links. If the link you just deleted was used by other users who still need to access the calendar, add a new link as described above and share that with them.
EDIT LINK PERMISSIONS
- Similar to deleting a link, click on Edit next to the link that you want to change permissions for.
- On the Edit Link screen, move down to Calendars Shared and choose to share all or selected calendars:
- Choose the appropriate permission for each of the sub-calendars. Learn more about sharing only selected calendars.
DELETING ADMINISTRATOR LINKS
To delete an existing administrator link you first need to create a new link with the full administrator rights. Start from your existing administrator link and follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Sharing and create a new administrator link.
- Open the calendar with this new link in a new tab or window
- Go to Settings > Sharing in the calendar opened with the new link
- Delete the old administrator link
- Go back to the tab or window where the calendar is opened with the old administrator link, reload the page to confirm the old administrator has been deleted.
- Continue with the new administrator link from then on.
PREVENT UNWANTED ACCESS
There are two ways to stop unwanted parties from viewing your calendar:
- Delete the links that have been shared or exposed to them. If those links were used by others who still need access, you can create new ones as explained above.
- Enable password protection on links. This is possible with the Plus and Premium plans. Existing users of the links would then need the password to access the calendar but would not need to change links.
Managing your calendar links can be done any time. All event data and other settings in your calendar remain unchanged.
Keywords: Manage links, delete links, new link, administrator link, prevent access