With Teamup Calendar, calendars are accessed via unique calendar links.
By using calendar links to grant calendar access, you can maintain central control of the calendar and still provide individualized calendar access. If someone leaves your organization, you can just delete their unique calendar link: no more calendar access. For team members with varying levels of responsibility, you can create unique calendar link with the appropriate permission level.
It’s easy to create new links, modify or delete calendar links, or edit link permissions. You can do all of this without creating a new calendar.
About calendar links
We recommend creating a unique calendar link for each user or user group. This practice gives you, or the calendar administrator, complete control over calendar access. That way, your shared calendar is both more useful and more secure:
- if an employee leaves your organization and you need to revoke his access to your calendar, you can simply delete the calendar link assigned to the employee.
- if a contractor will be doing limited work for your organization, you can create a unique calendar link for her that provides only the calendar access she needs, and hides the information she doesn’t need.
- if a team member is on vacation or taking a leave of absence, you can deactivate his calendar link until he returns to work.
- if a team member takes on more responsibilities or joins a new team, you can modify her calendar link to include the new sub-calendars or advanced access permission that she needs.
You can customize the access control for each calendar link with Teamup’s flexible yet powerful 9 levels of access permissions.
This article covers information on how to create and manage calendar links. Working with calendar links requires an administrator link and is only possible in a web browser; the calendar settings are not available in Teamup mobile apps. If needed, you can open your Teamup Calendar in a mobile browser to access the Settings on a mobile device. See the instructions for iOS or Android.
You can use the links below to skip to a particular section:
Add new links
- Click on the blue menu icon in the top right of the main calendar page and select Settings.
- In Settings, select the Sharing section on the left.
- Click on the + New Link blue button to create a new calendar link.
- Give the new calendar link a name. We recommend assigning the name of the user or user group as the calendar link name, so it’s easy to identify and remember which calendar link is assigned to a person or group.
- In the Calendars Shared section, use the drop-down box to select All calendars or Selected calendars:
- If you choose All calendars, the calendar link will allow access to all sub-calendars. You’ll set one permission which will apply globally to all the calendars.
- If you choose Selected calendars, you can then choose individually whether to include or not include each sub-calendar. You will set the permission for each sub-calendar separately.
- Once you have selected the calendar(s) and permission(s), click on Save. A new calendar link will be automatically generated and will be listed with the other calendar links in Settings > Sharing.
Delete existing links
- Go to Settings > Sharing.
- Click on the edit icon next to the link you want to delete.
- Choose Delete from the button group on the Edit Link screen. On the next screen, confirm to delete the link permanently.
- You will be returned to the list of calendar links. If the link you just deleted was in use by people who still need to access the calendar, you can add a new link as described above and share the new link with them.
Edit link permissions
- Go to Settings > Sharing. Click on the edit icon next to the link that you wish to modify.
- On the Edit Link screen, scroll to the Calendars Shared section. Choose to share All calendars or Selected calendars:
- Choose the appropriate permission for All calendars or set an appropriate permission for each of the selected sub-calendars. Learn more about sharing only selected calendars.
Deleting administrator links
To delete an existing administrator link, you first need to create a new link with the full administrator rights. Start from your existing administrator link and follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Sharing and create a new administrator link.
- Create a new link as usual. In the Administration section, check the Yes box to grant administration access to the new link.
- Be sure to name the link something appropriate to remind you that it is an administrator link with full access to all calendar settings.
- Open the calendar with the new administrator link in a new tab or window.
- Go to Settings > Sharing in the calendar opened with the new link.
- Delete the old administrator link.
- Go back to the tab or window where the calendar was open with the old administrator link. Reload the page to confirm the old administrator link has been deleted.
- Continue with the new administrator link from then on.
Prevent unwanted access
There are two ways to stop unwanted parties from viewing your calendar:
- Delete the links that have been shared or exposed to them. If those links were used by others who still need access, you can create new calendar links to replace the compromised ones.
- Enable password protection on links. This is possible with the Plus and Premium plans. Existing users of the links would then need the password to access the calendar. This prevents the need to delete links and can be a good solution if one member of a group no longer needs calendar access, but you do not want to replace the link for an entire group.
Managing your calendar links can be done any time. All event data and other settings in your calendar remain unchanged.
- The Calendar Administrator Link Explained
- Advanced Access Permissions for Links
- Update a Calendar Link to Include a New Sub-Calendar
- Share Your Calendar Securely with Customized Calendar Links
Keywords: Manage links, delete links, new link, administrator link, prevent access