There are some good reasons to access Teamup Calendar in a mobile browser, for example:
- You’d like the same look and feel of the calendar on your mobile device as on the desktop
- You are most comfortable with using Teamup in ways that are consistent on both mobile and desktop
- You’d like to use some of the Team.up features that are not available yet in the iOS or Android app, such as event sharing, comments, customizable event fields as well as the calendar Settings (administrator only)
- You’ve received a Teamup calendar link but would prefer not to set it up in your mobile app
- You’d like to change some of your calendar settings, or add a sub calendar or set up a calendar link. These can all be done in Settings (by the calendar administrator) in the browser version.
- You’d like to save an event to the default calendar application on your device, e.g. iCal on an iPhone.
Regardless of the reason, here are a few tips for making your mobile web experience with Teamup smoother and more productive.
Open Teamup in a mobile browser
Option 1: From a calendar link that has been sent to you and is accessible on your device. This could be a link in an email or a text messaging app on your device. When you click the link you may see an app pop-up asking to install the app or open the calendar link in the app. Click “x” to close the pop-up to stay in the browser.
Option 3: Type the calendar URL directly into the address bar of your mobile browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge browser.
View calendar and share events
Experiment a bit to find the best way to view your calendar on the small screen. Make use of the Sharing options that allow you to save the event to your personal calendar or to share further. Tap the red-outlined areas as demonstrated below to explore how you can make the best use of the options.
Add calendar link to Home Screen
Once you open a calendar link in your mobile browser, you can add it to the Home Screen of your device for quick access in the future.
- For iPhone users: Tap the share button , then select Add to Home Screen.
- For Android users: Tap the menu button (lines or dots) and tap Add to Home Screen.
After creating the shortcut, tap the Teamup icon (see the graphic above) to access your calendar. You may add multiple calendar links to the Home Screen resulting in multiple icons, which can be optionally placed side by side or in a Teamup folder if you prefer.
Note the Home Screen icons have the Teamup logo on the white border, whereas the Teamup app icon has the green border.
Furthermore, you can alternate between viewing your calendar in the mobile app, or in a browser on your device. It’s up to you!
keywords: Chrome, Safari, Opera mini, Firefox, event sign ups, settings