Teamup calendars can be used on any web browser or with the Teamup mobile apps (for iOS or Android). At times you may wish to access your Teamup calendar on your mobile device without using the mobile app. This article explains how to open a Teamup calendar in a mobile web browser on an iOS device. For instructions for using Teamup on a mobile browser with Android devices, see this article.
Reasons to use a mobile browser
There are several reasons that you might want to access Teamup Calendar on an iOS mobile web browser:
- You want the same look and feel of the calendar on your mobile device as on the desktop.
- You are most comfortable with using Teamup in ways that are consistent on both mobile and desktop.
- You received a Teamup calendar link but would prefer not to set it up in your mobile app.
- You want to access the calendar settings, which are not accessible from the mobile apps.
- You want to save an event to the default calendar application on your device, e.g. iCal on an iPhone.
Regardless of the reason, whether you’re using a calendar link or account-based access, you can open a Teamup calendar on a mobile browser. Here are a few tips for making your mobile web experience with Teamup smoother and more productive.
Open Teamup in a mobile browser (iOS devices)
Option 1: Tap on a calendar link
- Use a calendar link that has been sent to you and is accessible on your device. This could be a link in an email or a text messaging app on your device.
- Click on that calendar link and open it using your mobile browser.
Option 2: Open from your app
This method works for both calendars you access via shareable link, and for calendars with account-based access.
- From the Teamup iOS app, access the sidebar and go to the Dashboard.
- Click the Cog icon below the calendar title.
- Select Copy Calendar URL.
- Paste the calendar URL into your mobile browser’s address bar.
Option 3: Type in a calendar link
- Type the account-based URL or the shareable calendar link URL directly into the address bar of your mobile browser (which could be Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge or another mobile browser).
View calendar and share events
In a mobile browser, you can interact with your Teamup Calendar as you would on a laptop or desktop computer. The smaller screen size of a mobile device can make calendar use a bit different.
- Experiment a bit to find the best way to view your calendar on the small screen. Day, List, Agenda, and Scheduler view tend to work well on smaller screens.
- You can create and modify events, access Settings, and use features such as Signups, Event Comments, and File Uploading when using a mobile browser.
- Make use of the Sharing options that allow you to save the event to your personal calendar or to share further via social media apps, email, or as a web page.
Add a calendar link to your home screen
Once you open a calendar URL in your mobile browser, you can add it to the home screen of your iOS device for quick access in the future:
- Open the calendar in your mobile browser.
- Tap the Share button.
- Select Add to Home Screen.
- After creating the shortcut, tap the Teamup icon to access your calendar.
You can add multiple calendar links to the home screen, resulting in multiple Teamup icons. You can give the icons different names to differentiate between them (in the screenshot above, the shortcut is named Teamup Link 1). Your Teamup calendar icons can be placed side by side on your home screen or organized in a Teamup folder, if you prefer.
See also how to access Teamup in a mobile browser for Android.
Keywords: Teamup Calendar on iOS, using mobile browser