When you create a new event, you can set the duration of the event (the amount of time the event covers from beginning to end). You can also set and adjust the default event duration for your Teamup calendar. The default event duration will be preset automatically in the event editor when you create a new event. You can edit it as needed.
Note that setting the default event duration can only be done when accessing your Teamup calendar in a browser.
Adjust default event duration in settings
There are two ways to set the default event duration. The first requires administrator access:
- Go to Settings > Date and Time.
- Scroll to the Default Event Duration.
- Choose the timing you want.
When you click anywhere on the hour grid to create a new event, the event duration will be preset to the default event duration that was set in Settings:
Adjust default event duration in the calendar menu
The second way to set the default event duration is available for any calendar user:
- Click the blue menu button in the top right.
- Click on Calendar Resolution.
- Choose the time resolution, from 5 minutes to 180 minutes.
- For the duration of that browser session, the time resolution and default event duration will adjust to your setting.
Note that when you start a new browser session, the default event duration will revert to what has been set by the calendar administrator.
Adjust event duration manually
No matter what the default event duration, you can always adjust the event duration as needed:
- in the event editor, by entering the beginning and/or ending time of the event.
- in calendar views with a time grid, you can also set the event duration by clicking and dragging.
Default event duration vs. calendar resolution
- The default event duration as set in Settings is stored on the server, which presets the event duration when any calendar user with Modify permission clicks on the time grid to create a new event.
- The calendar resolution is a client-side value; as such, it is only applied to an individual browser session, which impacts the display of the calendar and preset the event duration for each slot on the grid. See also the pro tip below for preset event duration with click-and-drag .
- Change event duration in the event editor: Simply select from the dropdown list or enter any minute as you wish, e.g. start at 10:10 and end at 10:30.
- Use click-and-drag as an alternative to preset the event duration when creating a new event: Choose a suitable calendar resolution, then click and drag over the time grid to select the duration as needed. See more about calendar resolution.