For calendar views with a time grid, all calendar users can configure the resolution of the time grid (browser only). Calendar administrators can set a default time resolution in Settings > Calendar Views.
Adjusting the time resolution
Teamup supports a configurable calendar grid time resolution, short for calendar resolution, for views with a time grid:
- Day view
- Week view
- Multi-day view
- Scheduler view
- Timeline view
The calendar administrator can set a default time resolution which will be applied to these grid views.
Any calendar user can adjust the resolution while using the grid views. For Day, Week, and Multi-day, the resolution is adjusted from the menu.
For Scheduler and Timeline, the resolution is adjusted with the calendar view controls.
All users: Change the time resolution for Day, Week, or Multi-day
The calendar resolution can be set in increments of 5, 10, 15, 30 or 60 minutes.
To change calendar resolution, click the menu in the top right corner.
- Open your calendar in a browser.
- Click the blue menu button in the top right and select Calendar Resolution.
- Choose the preferred resolution, from 5 minutes to 60 minutes.
The resolution you set in this way will only apply for the current browser session. When you open the calendar in a new browser session, the calendar will return to the default time resolution.
Note: If the Default Event Duration (in Settings > Date and Time) is set to Automatic, the calendar time resolution you select will cause the default event duration to shift as well, for the remainder of that browser session. See details here.
All users: Adjust the resolution for Scheduler or Timeline
In Scheduler and Timeline, calendar view controls help you make the most of these unique and powerful calendar views.
Scheduler view controls
- Resolution: Adjust the resolution (from 5 minutes to 1 year).
- Date range: Choose the range (from a single day to multiple years).
- Number of: Choose the number of days, weeks, months, or years shown.
Timeline view controls
- Date range: Choose the range (from a single day to multiple weeks).
- Days/Weeks: Choose the number of days or weeks.
- Zoom: Adjust the resolution level (1-10).
Admins: Set the default time resolution
Teamup’s default time resolution is set to 30 minute increments. If you are the calendar administrator, you can adjust the default value for the calendar resolution by going to Settings > Calendar Views:
When to change the calendar resolution
- When event titles are not fully displayed in calendar view. This may happen if there is not enough space in the event box for the title to fully display. See this tip.
- When you need to create a series of events for a specific time increment. For example, if you need to schedule several 15-minute meetings, adjust the time resolution to 15 minutes to make the process faster.
- When you need to create events that begin or end at “odd” times, for example, 11:35 to 11:55, or 12:20 to 12:50. If your calendar resolution is set to 5 minutes or 10 minutes, as appropriate, you can simply drag your mouse over the grid to preselect the duration in the event editor.