You made an event; now you need people!
There are several ways to invite people to individual events from your Teamup calendar. We’ll go over the the built-in sharing options when using Teamup in a browser, and when using Teamup on the mobile apps.
Access the Share options
The Share menu in a browser
From your browser, you can invite (or share an event) in four primary ways: as an event page, directly to social media, via email, or through another calendar service. To access these sharing options, right-click or open the event on your calendar, then choose Share from the menu.
The Share menu from Teamup mobile apps
From the Teamup mobile apps, you can send invitations or share events to another calendar, to another app, via your browser, or through built-in social media options. To do so, tap on any event to open it. Then tap the Share icon in the top right. The Share menu will open with all the sharing options.
Share an event as a page
Event pages are a powerful way to invite individuals or groups to events, to share and promote events, to gather signups, and to share event details in an easily accessible way. When you change the event details on your calendar, the event page will automatically update so that participants get the right information.
Share an event page from a browser
Here’s how to invite people with an event page:
- Right-click or open the event on your calendar and select Share > As page. The event will open as a stand-alone web page.
- Copy the page link (URL) and send it to your invitees. You can send the page link via email, messaging, social media, or text, as desired.
- When invitees open the event page, they can add the event to their personal calendar or share the event page by using one of the buttons in the top right.
- For any event that is open to the public or a large group, you can use the event page as your event website and invite people by sharing the URL. Here is an example of an event page.
- You can enable signup if that is required for your event. Set a deadline and maximum number of signups, if desired.
Note that all the share and import options on the event page are also available in the Share menu of the event. You can add the event to your own personal calendar without opening it as an event page.
Share an event page from mobile
From the Teamup mobile apps, it’s easy to create and share an event page.
- Tap to open the event.
- Tap the Share icon in the top right.
- Choose Browser from the list of sharing options; this will automatically open the event page in your mobile browser.
- Copy the event page link (URL) and paste into any message, social media update, text, or email.
Benefits of sharing an event page
The event page you share has no link back to your calendar. This makes it easy for you to share a specific event with others, without sharing your entire calendar.
It takes a lot of effort to promote events to the public, or to coordinate and invite large groups for even participation.
An event page is a simple but powerful tool.
Provide the event details and add any design elements to your calendar event. Then share it! You’ve created a unique, single-page event website, with a unique URL, which you can easily share with anyone.
You can even use a URL shortener to make the event page link easier to remember. Follow these steps, using your event page link rather than your read-only calendar link.
If you make changes to the event in your calendar, the event page will automatically reflect those changes.
Update the content at any time, adding details or other information as needed (see how to add images). Your invitees will always see the latest information about your event whenever they open your event page.
No more endless emails or text messages to update everyone for any changes to the event!
Your invitees can click a button to add the event to their personal calendar. It’s also easy for them to share the event to their social media network with the sharing buttons at the top of the event page.
Other Sharing options you can use
In a browser, you can also share events directly to other calendar services, in an email, or to social media platforms. Simply choose the option you want from the Share menu.
On the mobile apps, you can share events in several ways:
- share an event to Another calendar: any other calendar app on your device that uses .ics format, which includes most calendars.
- share an event to Another app: when you select this option, a context menu with your relevant apps will open and you can choose the app you wish to use.
- share an event to the Browser: this creates and opens an event page in your mobile browser.
- share an event on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Whatsapp are built-in options.
See more about sharing events on mobile.
Enabling event signup
If signup in advance is required for your event, you can enable the signup option in the event editor.
Once it is enabled, a signup button will appear on the event page. Participants can click or tap the button, enter their name and/or email address, and sign up for your event. You can set a deadline for signups, and set a maximum number of signups allowed.
- Does Teamup Calendar Have an Invite or RSVP System?
- Signup for an Event
- Enable Signups on Your Events for Reservations, Workshops, and More
Keywords: send event invitation, invite others to event, share event