With Teamup Calendar, you can enable comments for individual events. Event comments can serve many purposes: discussion of event details, monitoring progress on a project, obtaining feedback, or saving internal notes.
This article discusses using event comments with Teamup in a browser. With Teamup mobile apps for the iOS and Android devices you can view and add comments to events right from your app. For help using comments on mobile devices, see this article.
Enable event comments
- Click on an event to open the event editor.
- Click Options > Comments:
Enable comments and select who can add/view comments.
The options for who can view comments are All users or Users with modify permission:
Click Done > Save. Once saved, users can comment and view existing comments on the specific events.
Who can view comments
Carefully consider the options for who can view comments.
If you’d like comments to serve as internal or private notes that should not be visible to all users, choose Users with modify permission and limit the modify permission to those regarded as internal users:
If you’d like to use comments as a place for more public discussion, choose All users.
Add and view comments
Once the Comment feature is enabled, users can add and view comments in the event viewer/editor, and on the event page.
Successive comments will be listed in chronological order. Only the calendar administrator or those with modify access can delete comments.
If you’ve chosen to allow All users to view comments, users with read-only access to the event or the calendar can add comments as well.
When adding a new comment, the user is asked to enter name and/or email address. Only one of these fields is required.
Upload files to a comment
The comment editor has a toolbar for formatting text and uploading files (shown above).
- Click the Image icon to link to the source URL of an image or file.
- Click the Dropbox icon to insert a file stored on Dropbox.
- Click the Upload Arrow icon to upload a file; this feature is only available for calendars on a Premium plan.
See event comments on event pages
When event comments are enabled, they will also appear–for All users or only for Users with modify permission, depending on which option you choose–when sharing an event as a web page:
Enable event comments by default
Calendar administrators can choose to have event comments enabled by default for all newly created events.
To enable event comments by default, go to Settings > Event Fields. Click to edit the Comments field. In the Defaults section, check the box to set event comments to enabled:
You can also change where the comments section appears on the event. In Settings > Event Fields, use the arrows (next to the edit button) to move the comments section up or down as desired.
How you could use event comments:
- Field crews are often given read-only access to scheduled jobs. A crew member may now add a note to the event to update the job status or when the job is done.
- Participants of conference calls may be invited to post ideas or feedback related to the specific conference call without submitting all that information via email.
- School or community events may call for volunteers or resource contributions from the community. Interested parties may respond or sign up directly in the event comments section.
- Many more examples and ideas here.