Teamup calendars have 10 unique calendar views. The multi-week view is a customizable alternative to the standard monthly calendar display. You can set the number of weeks to display in the multi-week view. For details about the other calendar views, see this article.
Configure the multi-week view
You can set the number of weeks to display in the multi-week view.
- Go to Settings > Calendar Views
- Choose from 1 to 12 weeks.
- You can change the number of weeks displayed at any time.
A big advantage of the multi-week view is that it keeps the current week at the top of your calendar. So the displayed events will always be current and future events, rather than past events.
Keep the current week in the first row
With the multi-week view, your calendar display stays current automatically.
The standard month calendar view displays events of the current month, from the first to the last day of the month. If the current date is toward the end of the month, then, your calendar view will show mostly past events.
To have the view of a month (or more) at a time, while keeping current and future events displayed, use the multi-week view: it displays the designated number of weeks, with the current week always in the first row.
Set multi-week view as default
If you are a calendar administrator, consider setting the multi-week view as the default instead of the month view, if future events are more important to your users. Set the multi-week view to 4 weeks to mimic the standard monthly view, while keeping the displayed events in the present and future.
To set the default calendar view:
- Go to Settings > Calendar Views.
- In the Default View section, select Multi-Week from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the Multi-Week View section and choose the number of weeks to display.
- Your changes will be saved automatically.
Show more events in multi-week view
Expand the daily blocks
The number of events that can be displayed in the daily blocks of the month and multi-week views depends on the browser window size. When there are many events on a particular date, the calendar may only display the first few events, as screen space allows.
If you have many events on some days, and you wish to see them as well, you can expand the daily blocks to show all events for each day. Click on the double arrow listed at the left hand side on the same line with the number of the week, and it will display all events.
You will see a scroll option at the right hand side of each week:
Use a smaller number of weeks
You can also display more events by showing fewer weeks in the multi-week view. This will allow more screen space for the daily blocks.
For example, it’s possible to display 10+ events on a 2-week view, as demonstrated below:
Use calendar parameters for different multi-week views
Calendar link parameters are key=value pairs which you can add to the end of a calendar link, for a customized view. You can append ?view=mw# and replace the “#” with the number of weeks desired in the multi-week view. Doing so will force the calendar to be displayed in a multi-week view with the number of weeks chosen.
For example, ?view=mw3 will force the calendar to open in a three-week view. This is a helpful option when different user groups have different needs for viewing blocks of time, e.g., an operations engineer may prefer a 2-week view, while an 8-week view is more suitable for a sales director.
Read more about appending calendar parameters→
Optimize your calendar display
Here are some more options to optimize screen space for events when viewing a Teamup Calendar:
- Enlarge the browser window.
- Put your browser into full screen mode.
- Zoom out by pressing CONTROL – on a Windows PC, or COMMAND – on a Mac.
- Collapse the left hand control panel. This can create more space.
- Try the List or Agenda views. These could be an alternative if a very large number of events needs to be displayed.
- View the calendar on a larger screen if possible.
- Hide the weekends to create more space for the weekday blocks. Do this in Settings > Calendar Views. Hiding the weekends allows for more horizontal space, which allows longer event titles to be displayed.
Tips for printing a multi-week view
- When printing the multi-week view (and all other grid views), the printout is limited to one page with equally divided rows. If space on the printout allows, events that are hidden on your on-screen calendar display may be visible on your printout. It’s worth experimenting; try printing in Portrait with a 2 or 3 week view.
- Please note that when printing from the List or the Agenda views, Teamup Calendar supports the printing of multiple pages and all events will be printed out.
- Read more about printing a Teamup Calendar here.