The calendar administrator is any authorized person who has access to the administrator link for the calendar.
- The ability to manage calendar sharing: in the Settings, you can create, enable, disable, modify, and/or delete any calendar links.
- The ability to add, modify, or delete any sub-calendars and organize sub-calendars in folders.
- The ability to manage notifications: in the Settings, you can see all notification subscriptions (including email notifications, daily agenda emails, and Slack notifications) and modify or delete subscriptions as needed.
- The ability to alter calendar settings, such as the time zone, default language, admin email, and whether to enable (or disable) features such as event sharing, iCal feeds, and more.
- The ability to downgrade, upgrade, or renew a calendar subscription or delete the calendar completely.
The administrator link, thus, should be carefully protected and only provided to people with the correct authorization and understanding. If your administrator link is accidentally shared or otherwise compromised, you can create a new one and delete the old, compromised administrator link.
Likewise, if the calendar administrator leaves your organization, do your best to ensure the admin email is updated for a new administrator before the old administrator leaves. If necessary, create a new admin link and delete the old one.
- We recommend limiting the administrator access to one designated calendar administrator and any additional users who really need to have access to the ‘control center’ of the calendar. Make sure that the admin email is set to an email address that the calendar administrator can access; if the administrator link is ever lost, the admin email will help restore it quickly. In most cases, you only need one administrator link per calendar.
- If a calendar user needs to have full capability to manage events, including adding new events, updating, or deleting existing events, create and share a link with the Modifier permission with that user. You can share the pre-configured Modifier link in Settings > Sharing. Or create your own customized links for others to use for calendar access.
- What You Need to Know About Your Administrator Link
- The Calendar Administrator Link Explained
- How to Recover a Lost Administrator URL