Teamup Calendar does not require any user accounts. Access control is implemented through secret links. The calendar administrator receives the administration link on screen and by email at the time when the calendar is created. Any additional access links are configured and shared by the administrator.
Please note that the Settings of a Teamup Calendar can only be accessed when using the administrator link to view your calendar.
If you are a calendar administrator and have lost the administration link to your calendar, we offer help in several ways. If you are not a calendar administrator, please contact your calendar administrator.
CALENDAR LINK RECOVERY TOOL
Use our Calendar Link Recovery Tool to request a list of calendars for which you are the administrator.
Sometimes the calendar link recovery tool does not find a calendar. Typical reasons are:
- You did not provide an email address when you created the calendar.
- The email address you used with the recovery tool is not the email address you used when you created your calendar. In this case, please try the recovery tool again with a different email address.
CHECK YOUR EMAIL
When you created your calendar, we sent you an email with access details for your calendar. Search for email subject “[Teamup Support] Your new calendar” in your email archive.
If you have tried the options suggested above and are still unable to recover your administrator link, please contact email@example.com with the following information:
- The email address of the calendar administrator (if known)
- The title of the calendar (if known)
- Any calendar links that you may have
- To protect the data of our calendar users, administrator links can ONLY be sent to the email address on our records. If your request for administrator access is a result of a personnel change, we require a statement from your organization, manager, and/or previous administrator to confirm that you are taking over the calendar administration role.
- To determine if a particular calendar link has administration permission or not, please check the menu in the top right corner for the presence of the Settings menu item. If the Settings menu is present, this link has administration permission, otherwise not.