Single-line text fields are a type of custom field for organizing text information in the same category. Similar to the Who field for names, you can create more custom text fields to keep such text information better organized and easy to find. It can be displayed in event titles, in tooltips, and in its own column on the Table view.
Ways to use a single-line text field
- Track client names for appointments
- Require users to enter contact email when making a reservation
- Add document links for scheduled jobs
- Set up a dedicated field for Zoom meeting links.
Step by step
- Open your calendar in a browser with admin access.
- Go to Settings > Event Fields and click the New Field button in the top right corner.
- Enter the custom field name and select “Single-line text” from the Type drop-down menu.
- Select Yes or No for making the field required and showing it in the event title.
Managing your custom fields
See here for more information on how to manage custom fields.