If you have a certain sub-calendar which contains events you’d like to see at the top of each day, you can use this tip to control the order of all-day events:
- See events from your task list/to-do calendar at the top.
- See the day’s weather or holiday at the top.
- See items from your urgent or projects calendar over other items.
Note that this tip applies to all-day events. When scheduling time-specific events, the start time determines where the events appear in the calendar view.
How all-day events are sorted
For all-day events, the sort order for displaying events is:
- Sub-calendar order
- Title (alphabetically).
So, if the start date is the same, the events will be arranged next by sub-calendar order, and then by title (alphabetically).
The start-date and title are event-specific, so you can’t control these through calendar Settings in a global way. However, you can adjust the order of your sub-calendars to ensure that events are ordered for each day the way you’d like.
Adjust sub-calendar title
Here’s an example:
- You have a sub-calendar for Weather, and you want the weather events to be shown at the top of each day.
- Rename the Weather sub-calendar with a number or symbol prefix (e.g. 1 Weather or 🌦Weather or *Weather*) so it is at the top of the sub-calendar list.
Now the all-day events on the 1 Weather sub-calendar will be always on top for each day: