Teamup Calendar includes 10 unique calendar view. The Scheduler view shows each sub-calendar in its own column. You can easily compare the events or reservations of the day. To learn about other calendar views, see this article.
Side-by-side comparison with Scheduler view
Scheduling people, facilities or booking rooms and items are typical tasks when working in a group context.
It is often helpful to view bookings or schedules side by side in these scenarios. For example, you might want to compare bookings for a shared space, employee shifts, or scheduled events and meetings for staff.
Scheduler view makes it easy.
- See the scheduler view and the day view compared in the gif below. The scheduler view demonstrates the visual advantage of having the availability of each resource or person grouped in a separate column.
How to use the Scheduler view
- First, the calendar administrator needs to enable the Scheduler View in Settings > Calendar Views.
- The option will be displayed in the top right corner among the other available viewing options. These views are available to all current users.
Switch between days
The scheduler view displays one day’s events at a time. Use the arrows to move from one day to the next, or use the drop-down date picker to select a date.
View selected calendars
As each resource occupies its own column on the display, it is best to display only a small number of sub-calendars at a time so that there is adequate space for each column. You can easily hide or show selected calendars: click on the calendar title to show or hide that particular calendar.
Enter new events
Click on any column in the Scheduler view to create an event. The event editor will default to the calendar represented by the column you click in.
Move or copy events between columns
- If you drag an event from one column to another, the Calendar for that event is automatically updated to the targeted sub-calendar.
- Ctrl-drag to copy an event from column A to column B and the copied version of the event will be automatically assigned to Calendar B.
- This simplifies the process of copying or moving events since the resulting event is automatically in the new time and on the new calendar.
- With all the other views, the same actions would only result in the time change – the associated calendar would need to be manually changed if necessary.
For example, if multiple people are participating in one event, you can display only the participants’ calendars in the scheduler view. Create an entry in the calendar for one of the participants. Ctrl-drag-and-drop the entry into the columns of the other participants, resulting in an identical entry for each of the participants without any further editing needed.