Inbound iCalendar feeds allow you to view calendars from other calendar services in your Teamup Calendar. You can also use an inbound iCalendar feed to view other calendars from Teamup in your own Teamup Calendar.
You must be a calendar administrator to subscribe to inbound iCalendar feeds. Without access to an administrator link, you cannot access the Settings to subscribe to inbound iCal feeds. If you are not a calendar admin, and wish to add an inbound iCal feed to your Teamup Calendar, contact your calendar administrator for help.
About the iCalendar format
The iCalendar format is a standardized data format. It allows for the exchange of calendar data between different calendar products. It is supported by many calendar services, including:
- Google Calendar
- Apple Calendar
- Teamup Calendar
- Facebook events
- Trello calendar power-up
- And any other applications that provide .ics feeds
Inbound iCalendar feeds are added to your Teamup Calendar as read-only sub-calendars. An inbound iCal feed is an active one-way synchronization, meaning that Teamup periodically fetches the latest feed content and updates the calendar. Please note that it is not possible to send changes back to the feed source.
How to add an iCalendar feed to your Teamup Calendar:
- Find the iCal feed URL of the calendar that you want to subscribe to, and
- Add the iCal feed URL to your Teamup Calendar in Settings > Calendars.
Step 1. Find the iCal feed URL
The location of the iCal feed URL is different for each calendar services.
Please check the settings or help section of the calendar service you wish to subscribe to. Or see the section below: how to find feed URLs for some calendars.
Step 2. Add the iCal feed to your Teamup Calendar
- Open your Teamup Calendar using your administrator link.
- Go to Settings > Calendars.
- Click the button New and choose Add iCalendar Feed.
- Set the details (name, color) for your new iCalendar feed.
- Copy and paste the iCalendar feed URL into field Feed URL.
- Choose how frequently you want the calendar to update, and click Save.
Refreshing interval and status
The feed source is refreshed periodically by Teamup to keep the feed updated. The available refresh frequencies depend on the subscription plan of the calendar:
- Basic plan, free: 30 days, 7 days and 12 hours
- Plus plan: 4 hours
- Premium plan: 15 min and 1 hour
The initial fetch will take place immediately after configuring a new iCalendar feed. After that, the feed source will be rrefreshed with the configured frequency.
The feed status (last fetch date, errors) is shown in the list of calendars.
Obtaining source iCalendar/ics feed URL
- Open your Google Calendar. On the left hand side, locate the calendar for which you want to obtain the feed URL.
- Click on the 3 dots at the right of the calendar name. Select Settings and sharing.
- Scroll down to Integrate Calendar section and copy the URL listed under Secret address in iCal format. If your calendar is public, you can also copy the URL listed under Public address in iCal format. Note Google’s security warning.
Apple Calendar (iCal)
- Open the Apple Calendar app on your Mac.
- From the calendar list on the left (click Calendars if it is not visible), right-click the one you need the feed URL. Select Copy URL to Clipboard.
Trello Boards with Due Dates
Please see details here.
- Open your Teamup Calendar in a browser. Click the blue menu icon in the top right. Select Preferences > iCalendar feeds.
- Find the desired sub-calendar on the list of sub-calendars, or scroll to the bottom of the list for the feed URL to All sub-calendars. Click the Copy icon at the right-hand side of the feed URL.
Microsoft has recently made changes that affect how Outlook calendars can be synced to other calendars. Therefore, the information in this article may no longer be accurate. We will update this article with the most up-to-date information available as we receive it.
- Log into your Outlook.com account. Click on Settings > Options.
- Click on Calendar > Shared Calendars, then Calendar Publishing.
- You will see 2 options: Showing availability only or Show availability, titles, and locations.
- Click Create for the option you want, then copy the feed URL.
Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010
Publish your calendar as described here.
- Go to your Facebook Home page
- Click on the Events tab.
- Locate and right-click on Upcoming Events, then select Copy link address.
- The feed URL starts with webcal://.
- How To Import Data From One Teamup Calendar To Another
- Outbound iCalendar Feeds: View Teamup in Other Calendars
- Add Holiday Calendars to Teamup Calendar
- Import Data into Teamup Calendar
Keywords: synchronization, transfer