If you are a calendar administrator, or have had a calendar link shared with you that has access to many sub-calendars, you may wish to have a personal view or set a default calendar view. This view would highlight the most pertinent sub-calendars, while hiding the rest. That way you can jump right into your work without stopping to click calendars on and off.
Here’s how to create your own personalized, default sub-calendar view.
Customize your default sub-calendar view
- Open your normal calendar link.
- In the sub-calendar list, click on the eye icon to the right of a sub-calendar that you wish to have included in your personal view. This shows that sub-calendar only, and hides all the others (greyed out). Continue clicking on the other sub-calendar names that you wish to include in your personal view until all desired sub-calendars are shown.
- Click the arrow next to Filter to open the Filter area. You will see a link to Share below the filters. Click on the Share link.
Your calendar will open up in a new window or tab. The URL in the address bar of this new window or tab will have a new parameter ?calendars=… added to your normal calendar link. It looks like this:
- Bookmark that link. In the future, when you open your calendar using that link in a new browser or a new session, your calendar will display your personalized, default sub-calendar view. All the other sub-calendars are only one click away.
- Calendar Link Parameters
- Filter On-Screen Events by Keywords and Sub-Calendars
- How to Customize Access Permissions or Share Only Selected Sub-Calendars
- Customize Teamup Calendar for Business Logos and Brands
Keywords: default, preferred, custom calendar view, customization