If you are the administrator of a Facebook Page and are looking to add your Teamup Calendar as a custom tab to your business page, like this live example, you’ve come to the right place. It takes 3 easy steps using a tab app by Woobox as described below. Alternatively, you can create your own Facebook canvas app and add it as a tab to your Facebook business page.
Step 1: Have Your Calendar Link Ready
- Create a Teamup Calendar if you don’t have one yet.
- Go to Settings (menu sign in the top right corner), then Sharing.
- Right-click the ‘Reader’ link (pre-configured with read-only permission) and ‘copy link address’.
Be sure NOT to copy an administrator link. It is not recommended to use any link with modifying permission for Facebook integration.
Step 2: Use a Tab App
Open Woobox’s custom tab app page from within Facebook, or another tab app of your choice.
The following instructions apply to Woobox:
Click on the green Install Page tab button and follow the on-screen instructions.
Select the Facebook Page (that you administer) that you’d like to add the tab to.
Step 3: Paste Your Calendar Link in the Page Source
Paste the calendar link you copied in Step 1 into the Page Source as the URL to be loaded in the iframe window. If your calendar link starts with http://, replace it with https://.
Click on ‘Save Settings’ and you’re done.
Facebook Tabs – Keep in Mind
- You can return to the tab settings at any time by navigating to your new tab and clicking on Settings. This is how that looks with a Woobox tab:
- As mentioned above, make sure to use https:// (
- Be sure to use a read-only or other restricted-access link for your calendar. Using your administrator link would mean your Facebook visitors could make changes to the data and the settings in your Teamup Calendar which is a risk and something we do not recommend.
- Adjust the size of your calendar for optimal display.
- Change the name of your tab under ‘Tab Settings’ in the Woobox settings screen
- Sort the order of your tabs in your Facebook Page by clicking on ‘Manage tabs’ under the ‘More’ menu on your Facebook Page.
- Test the calendar tab in various browsers, including Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- Here is an alternative way to add a Facebook Page custom tab
- The settings for Woobox and Facebook are subject to change. If you notice a discrepancy in these instructions, please do let us know
- When viewing a Facebook Page using the Facebook app on a mobile phone, custom tabs created with freely available tab apps are not displayed. This is a Facebook restriction. Please feel free to explore the paid options that Facebook offers for this purpose.