With Teamup Calendar, you can assign an event to multiple calendars. The calendar administrator can enable or disable this feature in Settings > General Settings.
How to assign multiple calendars
If this feature is enabled, the event editor allows the assignment of multiple calendars to one event. Simply select the calendar desired, then click back into the calendar box and select the next calendar. You can repeat for multiple calendars, as shown below:
How to enable or disable this feature
Support for multiple calendars per event can be enabled and disabled in Settings > General Settings:
Events that are assigned to multiple calendars can be set to display in one of two ways:
- as a single box with colored striping, or
- as multiple single-colored boxes.
Note that the single box with striping is only viewable in the web browser. In the Teamup mobile apps, events with multiple calendar assignments will show up as multiple single-colored boxes.
The colors reflect the sub-calendars to which the event has been assigned.
The ability to assign an event to multiple calendars has many different use cases.
Here a few examples:
- Team Calendar: Assign multiple team members to one event.
- Reservation Calendar: Reserve multiple pieces of equipment, rooms, or vehicles for one event.
- Project Calendar: Assign multiple resources such as people, rooms, equipment, etc.
- Content Calendar: Assign events to content categories and content types.
- When a Feature Change Isn’t Good for Everyone
- Add Color-Coded Sub-Calendars
- How to Consolidate Events from Multiple Calendars into a Single View
Keywords: working with multiple calendars, events across calendar, event on multiple calendar