While it is easy to add a “Calendar” tab to a Facebook page (creating your own app or using a tab app), Facebook Groups do not allow custom tabs. However, it is possible for your group to access your calendar without leaving Facebook.
CREATING A FACEBOOK CANVAS APP
- Follow the step-by-step guide to create a Facebook app.
- Post the app page URL, and pin it to the top if possible. What’s good about this option is that the calendar opens within Facebook – try this live example. However, the app can not be opened on a mobile device due to Facebook restrictions.
Some other creative ways to share events from a Teamup Calendar on Facebook:
- Post your calendar link (a read-only link is recommended) directly. What’s good about this is that the link is accessible on mobile devices, however, the calendar opens outside Facebook.
- Add a direct link to the app page URL or direct calendar link in the About section of your group
- Take a screenshot of your upcoming events and post it along with the app page URL.
- Post events one at a time: Open an event or right-click to open the context menu, click Share > As page, then copy the page URL and post it to your timeline.
- More about sharing on social media.
If you have any other ways to share your calendar with your Facebook groups, please let us know and we’ll share them further.