CREATING DESKTOP SHORTCUTS
Instead of re-typing or cutting and pasting a calendar URL into the browser each time the calendar is needed, one way to save time and improve the Teamup experience is to create shortcuts to your Teamup Calendar. The following video demonstrates how (screen images will be updated soon). Shortcuts remain active on your desktop like any other program icon. Simply double-click when you need to open your calendar.
The URL icon may differ according to the browser you are using. When using the Chrome browser the icon looks like a “green lock”. On older versions of Firefox it shows a round icon whilst on Internet Explorer a Teamup icon is displayed. All are located to the left of the URL.
Also some versions of Firefox do not seem to have a icon at all. In that case simply place your cursor on your desktop, right-click, select New -> Shortcut. Then enter your calendar URL and name the shortcut with your calendar title for example.
Another option — browser bookmarks — can prevent desktop screen clutter and also provide the same ease of access.
Click on the browser’s command menu (usually located as an icon in the top right hand corner of the browser window.
- Click on the “Bookmarks” tab to open the Bookmarks Menu.
- One option is to activate the Bookmarks Bar and add the link there. This will keep your bookmarks at the top of your browser screen at all time. Otherwise, open your Bookmarks Organizer and add to the desired folder.
If you don’t have many bookmarks and do not wish to use the browser bar, you can also click the Star Icon in the URL field and bookmark the link that way as well. It will go to your general bookmarks folder and can be accessed at any time.
Firefox has a Bookmarks Side Menu that can be activated by clicking the Clipboard icon (shown below, next to the Star Icon), then clicking on “View Bookmarks Sidebar.” To add a bookmark:
Click on the Star Icon next to the Search field at the top of the browser window. This adds a Bookmark
- If you wish to organize bookmarks, click on the Clipboard icon next to the Star and edit the folder location of the bookmark
For Internet Explorer:
Click on the Star Icon at the top of the browser window. This opens the Favorites Drop-down Menu.
- Click on the triangle at the right side of the “Add to Favorites” tab at the top of the menu.
- Click “Add to Favorites” if you want the link to appear only in a folder.
- Click “Add to Favorites bar” if you want the link to appear each time you access the “Favorites” menu.
- Click and hold the Add button on the left side of the address and search box
- Choose a bookmarks folder from the list.